Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Teaching

Working on background to be green screened in.

stop motion experiments

Blue screening some live action.

Team work was needed for the tissue paper flowers.

Reviewing a student's work.

How can we fix this?

Out to dinner!

Teaching green screen and pixellation

Crew photo

A wonderful cartooning of the staff

This summer I taught NYU's Summer Filmmakers Workshop.

This high school program was completely life altering. I'd always known I like working with kids, but this experience confirmed that I should follow this path.

Here is the music video my students made. They had never animated before. Teaching them stop motion was a total blast. Every time I said, "Hey, do you guys want to learn something?" they would immediately stop what they were doing and say, "Yeah!" How beautiful is that? My eyes water with joy every time I think of them and our experiences.

I just want to thank everyone involved in SFW for changing my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment