Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Class. The quest begins.

What inspired this post? I am not quite sure. It seems to be a culmination of things. The classy style of ladies and gentlemen of the 1950's, '40s, '30s, and '20s need a resurgence. Fashion is not the focus, but rather a state of being. What happened to just being classy? What is so wrong with embracing traditional roles? Or possibly breaking those roles to redefine yourself with elegance? I have found myself often alone in my room just swaying to a fancy tune pondering this topic.

I want to keep up my quest for class in this blog.

I shall begin at the definition.

From www.merriam-webster.com:
classy
Pronunciation: \ˈkla-sē\
Function: adjective
Inflected Form(s): class·i·er; class·i·est
Date: 1891
b : having or reflecting high standards of personal behavior c : admirably skillful and graceful

Notice, not posh, nor expensive, fancy, luxurious, swanky, or fashionable.

It is more about being polished, sophisticated, intricate, and elegant. I feel that anyone can be classy, even the most awkwardly introverted person.

I would go on, however I must stop myself. This shall be an ongoing process and each post will hopefully shed light on a new path. Stopping now allows me to consider a few more paths for my next post.

The goal of this is to explore my torment and to share a dose of confidence. You cannot be classy without confidence.

The first step to becoming more classy. Find a song. Create a playlist. Close your eyes and imagine yourself with grace as you listen along.

Prescription: Listen to THIS. And take a bow in front of a mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment